Filtering multiple tips on Auspice at once using queries as CSV

Hey,

Is there a way to provide a comma separated list of tips, like “Ecuador/UEES-7493/2020, USA/CA-CDC-STM-A100329/2021”, and get auspice to filter those genomes, showing where they are?

I want to provide a list with dozens of tips, and get all of them highlighted in a tree (if they are present, if not, ignored). Is there a way to do that? If not, I leave here a suggestion of a possible useful improvement on Auspice.

By the way, congratulations to the Nextstrain team on creating these great new functionalities on Auspice.

Cheers,
Anderson Brito

Saw this Q in my search. Although very late, in case useful for other:
https://docs.nextstrain.org/projects/auspice/en/stable/advanced-functionality/drag-drop-csv-tsv.html

1 Like

@andersonbrito - apologies for not responding sooner.

You can achieve this by listing them as a URL query to the auspice view of the data. For example, given strains A and B in a dataset, append ?s=A,B to the URL. Using zika we can highlight three strains like this: nextstrain.org/zika?s=BR/NHP_17_19/2017,CTS_178_16p,V96624.

1 Like

Hi @dlu and @james ,

Thank you for your response. Both options work great, and your answers here will help others make the best use of Auspice, which is a great tool.

Cheers,
Anderson Brito

1 Like