Welcome to discussion.nextstrain.org!

This website is intended to be a community forum for people using Nextstrain. We’re very interested to help public health and academic groups run Nextstrain analyses and share them (publicly or privately). The goal is to connect the community with each other and the core Nextstrain team in order to share information and ideas and offer help. We can all learn together as part of a larger community of practice.

We also hope discussion here will help identify what Nextstrain is missing and guide future development directions. If you have ideas here, please share!

If this is your first time here, welcome! :wave: Please feel free to introduce yourself in the replies below and make a new topic in General describing how you’re using (or would like to use) Nextstrain. If you need help using Nextstrain, make a new topic in Help and Getting Started and we’ll do our best to help out.

Please also take a few minutes to read this site’s participation guidelines and the Nextstrain code of conduct.

I’ll start the introductions! :slight_smile: My name is Thomas Sibley, and I’m a member of the Bedford Lab. I work as a lead software engineer on Nextstrain, the greater Seattle Coronavirus Assessment Network study (SCAN), and the preceding Seattle Flu Study. I’m particularly interested in making Nextstrain’s toolset easier to use, via things like the Nextstrain CLI and Nextstrain Groups.

Hi all! My name is John Huddleston. I’m a PhD candidate in the Bedford Lab through the University of Washington’s Molecular and Cell Biology Program. I develop methods to improve long-term forecasts of viral evolution (specifically influenza A/H3N2). I am also a Nextstrain developer and contribute most substantially to command line components like augur.

Hello! My name is Lynette Gumbleton and I am with Wyoming Public Health Laboratory. I have been charged with task of creating a NextStrain local build for Wyoming. I am looking for help getting started!