How to find my result by auspice

I have installed the nextstrain to my server through the steps of Installing Nextstrain — Nextstrain documentation (Unbuntu Linux; Native). But when I do my practice with Zika virus, typing the last command (nextstrain view auspice/) doesn’t show up on my server and the web link given to me could not be opened. I can’t find the folder by the path of /home/LiuJY/miniconda3/envs/nextstrain/lib/auspice/node_modules/auspice/narratives. Has anyone experienced this? How can i solve this? Thank you for your attention.

Can you explain your setup in more detail? What do you mean by “installing to your server”? Are you running this on a laptop with Ubuntu, or on a laptop with Windows and then Ubuntu through WSL2? Or is this on a remote server?

On your picture I don’t see that the link could not be opened. I see that auspice was started correctly and all looks good.

You can always inspect your auspice.json by dropping it into the website auspice.us - then you don’t need to run any local server of anything.

Thanks for posting here! I should have answered here first to encourage questions on the discussion forum as opposed to email - that’s definitely what we prefer!

@trs added the following answer:

I’ll add on that if you’re running nextstrain view on a different computer (e.g. a remote server) than the one you’re opening the link on, then indeed accessing http://localhost:4000 won’t work. Instead, you’ll need to run nextstrain view with the –allow-remote-access option and then access port 4000 on the server’s IP (or hostname). This also requires the server doesn’t have a firewall blocking external access to port 4000.

I really appreciate your reply. I run this on a remote server. When I type: Nextstrain view results – Allow-remote-access, In the /home/LiuJY/miniconda3/envs/nextstrain/lib/auspice/node_modules/auspice/ can’t find “narratives” and the website about Interactive Visualisation of Phylogenomic data also showed: 404, or an error has occurred. Details: Couldn’t load JSONs for anything

I have encountered a new problem, how to add the world map as the base map? Thank you

@ljy can you look at errors in the browser console? It looks like the request for the map was not successful. It’s possible that firewalls block access to http://www.openstreetmap.org or wherever the map is from.

@ljy - please see this thread for context on why the map tiles may not be appearing

Thank you for your reply. I will check the browser console. But I have another question, when I saw my
results it will show “Couldn’t collect available narratives”

I am very appreciated your reply. I followed your instruction but the map still did not appear.