Request for adding Bangladesh in the nextstrain available builds section

Hi there,
I have built Bangladeshi global build json via nextstrain.
Here’s my code:

The auspice global json file is there. Kindly check it and add the Bangladesh build in the nextstrain all available build section under Asia.

However, I want to keep updating the ncov_global.json file for better quality. Will that be possible once the build get’s added to the nextstrain site?

Thank you for your great tools.

Sincerely,
Abdullah Al Nahid

Hi @nahid18! Thank you for taking the time to create a Bangladeshi build and share it here.

With a little extra work, you can share your build through the Nextstrain site by creating a Nextstrain community build. Since you already have an auspice JSON prepared, you will only need to:

1. create an auspice directory in your current GitHub repository
  2. move your auspice JSONs into the auspice directory
  3. rename your auspice JSONs to have a prefix that matches your repository name (for example, ncov_global.json should be renamed to ncov-bd_global.json).

Then, your build should be accessible from the URL https://nextstrain.org/community/nahid18/ncov-bd/global.

It can also be helpful to viewers of your build to include a description of how you tuned your analysis to better represent Bangladesh (for example, in a way that it isn’t currently represented by the Nextstrain Asia build). A good first place to put this description is in the README.md of your repository.

Would you be willing to give this a try and let us know how it goes by responding back here?

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply.
I will follow your instructures asap.